Welcome to The English Bulldog

Your forum for everything English Bulldog related.

•  » You have a question about your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to show off pictures of your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to chat with other friendly Bulldog Owners?
  •  » You are looking for info on the English Bulldog?

...then you have come to the right place!

We welcome you to our friendly community. Click the link below to start chatting.

YES! I want to register an account for free!

p.s.: Registered members will not see this ad.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What are you feeding your Bulldog?

Lurker
    We have recently changed from Royal Canin to Taste of the Wild. Tyson took a few days to check out the Taste of the Wild... but he Loves it! It is grain free and even made with purified water.... I couldnt tell a difference between the gas while he was taking the Royal Canin 24 and now... hes always a little "gassy"!! And our big boy has such skin sensitivies, we really have to watch the fillers.... Allergy to Corn, wheat and soy... so we are limited. So far so good on Taste of the wild!!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Custom Pet Portraits

Lurker
    We are feeding ours Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lovers Soul. We've tried so many different foods and either it gave them gas or they wouldn't eat it. I'd like to have them on a higher quality food but they just haven't liked the others we tried....Evo, Merrick, Natural Balance. They did okay on Science Diet but they got tired of it after a while. Picky eaters!! Lol

Lurker

food

My bully Sarge dose well on Blue Buffalo grain free.

I just switched Gracie from Fromm to Earthborn Holistic meadow feast.......She was getting bald spots and the vet thought it might be from food allergies. I had heard this one might be good for her she is 9 1/2 months old. Her treats are all veggies and fruit. Keeping my fingers crossed it works, we just started yesterday from transitioning. I will have her tested for allergies when she's one.

Hammer started on Royal Canin puppy food and after 12 months went to Royal Canin Bulldog 24. But since he was about 8 months, he's been having "blood butt" every time he went to the bathroom. So I switched him to Fromm (beef fritatta) for about a month and he didn't like it too much nor did it help with anything (still bloody and gassey :/). I even bought the big bag too . I had moved him over to his father's house for a few weeks and the only food they had was Iams and he LOVED that food. Absolutely loved it. It's not exactly the type of food I want him on but it's all they had for the time being. The vet recommended z/d food for his "blood butt" problem (considering he's been to the vet several times already for this problem) and they can't figure it out. A couple weeks on the z/d diet, the blood stopped but now it's back. He seems to like the food but he isn't as "built" as I'd like for him to be. So I'm thinking of changing his food again after I consult with the vet. Any recommendations? I was leaning towards lamb and rice. I have a feeling he's allergic to beef and he is super picky. What dog hates peanut butter? MINE!

Food for Bulldogs

I fed Truman Royal Canine Puppy bulldog food when I first got him, but he didn't really like it. In June, he developed a small patch of mange on his head. The vet put him on a daily dose of ivermectin. While he was taking this I researched different ways to boost his immune system and decided the food he was eating was my first start. I switched to Blue Buffalo Basic with Chicken which is grain and gluten-free. Plenty of vitamins and minerals and I think this food and the medicine made the difference. No more mange and his coat just shines. It's expensive food, but then so are bulldogs and he's my baby so nothing but the best for him!!

Truman's Mom
    micoege likes this.

My 6 month old eats Blue Buffalo Wilderness for puppies. It has a very high score and grain free.
    for dog food ratings I use this website Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor it explains almost every ingredient in the food
    hope it helps :)

Lurker
    Hi I am all new at this but I would think the bones would be bad to cause splinters, and if raw my Vet said it can cause salmonilla.. just wondering.. Geri

Lurker
    My bully Bruno eats "taste of the wild" and he loves it! He doesnt have that bad of gas but his poo smells horrid hahaha. But I like it because it has many different flavors. Also very good for the dog.

Lurker
    We were feeding our Lady Byrd the Science Diet Healthy Mobility per our vet's recommendation, she didn't like it much and would only eat it when she was hungry enough. We switched around to different foods, noting that a grain wasn't the first ingredient listed. We even went to the Fromm brand, which she did like better. However, we ended up alternating Purina One foods with Moist & Meaty beef & cheese.
    She loves green beans straight from the garden. We also give her a carrot to chew on occasionally. For treats, she loves frozen broccoli clusters.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast