Welcome to The English Bulldog

Your forum for everything English Bulldog related.

•  » You have a question about your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to show off pictures of your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to chat with other friendly Bulldog Owners?
  •  » You are looking for info on the English Bulldog?

...then you have come to the right place!

We welcome you to our friendly community. Click the link below to start chatting.

YES! I want to register an account for free!

p.s.: Registered members will not see this ad.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: What are you feeding your Bulldog?

tEB

What are you feeding your Bulldog?

We have Dee on Royal Canine's Bulldog 24 food, but we are going to be switching her to a better food when this bag runs out. She still has a lot of gas with the Royal Canine even though it claims to reduce gas. We were thinking of swithing to Fromm or Avoderm. Anyone have experience with these brands and their Bully? If not, what are you feeding you bulldog?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Custom Pet Portraits

Lurker
    I also feed my 3 bullies Royal Canin..i have been wondering if it's as good as they say and if there is a better brand of food to be feeding them. Before they turned a year i was feeding them Natural Choice which they liked. Let me know if you find anything better out there!

tEB
    We have just purchased a bag of Fromm grain free beef and will be switching her food gradually. We will let you know how the transition goes.

Lurker hobbsrobinrtr@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Our bullies get grain free dog food. It is good for them because grain can be hard on their digestive system.

Lurker
    I do a mmixture of science diet and the royal canine, the royal canine seems to cut down on the gas because of the shape but the science diet lamb and rice doesn't have the corn so my vet recommended a mixture and so far it's working out great, less gas and less poop in the yard...they are actually absorbing the nutrition.

We also had our bully on Royal Canin and are now in the process of switching her to Fromm. i did a lot of research and it seemed like it was the way to go for bullies. I've heard that Royal Canin isn't all its cracked up to be. She has never had any problems with it and very little gas but we were going to change foods anyway (going from puppy food to adult food). The Fromm costs about the same and the ingredients are much better. We have her on the Chicken a la Veg and she loves it. I like the Fromm because there are a bunch of formulas so if she has issues with chicken we can try the salmon or pork or whatever and they offer grain free options as well. I'm hoping she has a smooth transition and no gas or any other issues. So far so good.

Lurker
    RAW! My bully eats nothing but raw veggies and raw meat. Once every 2 months (about) I head to the city butcher and purchase 150-200$ worth of raw meat. I usually get cow hearts, tongues and pork meat all which gets cut up into small portions. Next, I freeze everything in sandwich ziplock baggies. As for the veggies I get carrots, zucchini, celery, cucumbers, etc. I thaw one bag over night and in the morning I blend raw meat and veggies together. He absolutely goes nuts! Remmie use to have digestive issues such as gas (Horrid) and diarrhea along with constant skin allergy issues. However, since I've switched to this raw diet about a years ago he's feeling awesome! As for treats, I have completely eliminated all store bought treats and give him raw bones (cow with bone marrow). I will at times buy chicken breast or thighs which he will devour (bone and all). Granted this diet is expensive (roughly $80) per month but this will pay off in terms of vet bills. Besides, Remmie's health and well-being has no price.
    Gracie11 likes this.

Lurker
    My bully Lucas is on Fromm, he does great on it and absolutely loves it!

Lurker
    Both of our bulldogs are fed Nutro. They do really well with it.

I feed my mine avo derm .. Shes all white and since giving her this food her coat is really white and her shedding aint that bad ass before.. Good food..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast