Welcome to The English Bulldog

Your forum for everything English Bulldog related.

•  » You have a question about your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to show off pictures of your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to chat with other friendly Bulldog Owners?
  •  » You are looking for info on the English Bulldog?

...then you have come to the right place!

We welcome you to our friendly community. Click the link below to start chatting.

YES! I want to register an account for free!

p.s.: Registered members will not see this ad.

Thread: Tear Stains

Tear Stains

I've been fighting tear stains on Truman for the past 3 months. He gets his face cleaned daily and 1 side seems to be clearing up. I've read that feeding a good dog food can help, but he has been eating Blue Buffalo grain and gluten-free for the past 8 months and I haven't seen any improvement with this food. I've tried a tear wipe that PetSmart recommended, but that doesn't seem to help much. I've seen advertisements on Angel Tears wipes and supplements but before I spend any more money, does anyone use or recommend their products?

Truman's Mom

2. # ADS
    Ads

Custom Pet Portraits

Tear Stains

We use Angel Eyes and it works!

Lurker
    My bully was the same and I tried everything. I use only hydrogen peroxide to clean his folds on face and I have not had any stains since!!! cheap and its been working for my 6yr old baby

Lurker
    Yes, use peroxide. it get ride of them. My boys would get tear stains bad now their faces are white as ever :)

Surely putting hydrogen peroxide is extremely bad for them? I have the same problem with mine, but I can't bring myself to put those chemicals on her, especially so close to her eyes....

Lurker
    Peroxide in my opinion is drastic measure. Make sure no eye lashes are present in/under the eye lid. Causing irritation making the eye produce more "cleaning fluid" ie tears.

Lurker
    Hello!
    I am curious what people use to clean the smell under the nose rope? Daisy ears Fromms and does well with it but her little mugg can be a bit smelly:)

Noobie
    You need to be very careful of hydrogen peroxide near their eyes! They are prone to turned-in eyelashes, which can cause irritation and excess tearing. We got artificial tears from the vet. If I remembered to treat and clean daily, perhaps I could tell you if it worked. ;-)

Lurker
    I use diaper rash cream. (Small amount) It's worked great. Keeps things dry! I use it only at night or when he has to be in the crate or else it gets on the furniture!

Lurker
    We use Angel Eyes on our little girl Zoey. They have a wide variety of product that will help from wipes to shampoos to vitamins. Check them out on there web site for information. But I buy mine from Amazon cause it's cheaper.