Welcome to The English Bulldog

Your forum for everything English Bulldog related.

•  » You have a question about your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to show off pictures of your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to chat with other friendly Bulldog Owners?
  •  » You are looking for info on the English Bulldog?

...then you have come to the right place!

We welcome you to our friendly community. Click the link below to start chatting.

YES! I want to register an account for free!

p.s.: Registered members will not see this ad.

Thread: Slow feed bowl

Slow feed bowl

I just switched Gracie to a slow feed stainless steel bowl about a month ago. She seems to have less gas....and I was concerned about bloat. Just curious how many other people use one.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Custom Pet Portraits

tEB
    We use just a regular stainless bowl, but Dee is a picky eater and usually has kibble out all day and will feed when she feels like it. Usually it is in the evening and she takes her sweet time eating. What food are you feeding? We switched from Royal Canine to Fromm and notice a reduction in gas.

Quote Originally Posted by tEB View Post
    We use just a regular stainless bowl, but Dee is a picky eater and usually has kibble out all day and will feed when she feels like it. Usually it is in the evening and she takes her sweet time eating. What food are you feeding? We switched from Royal Canine to Fromm and notice a reduction in gas.
    She was on full feed too but she started to get fat. She was on Fromm now she is on Earthborn meadow feast holistic. Just did the switch this last weekend. The vet thought she maybe had some food allergies so I switched her to that one.

Lurker
    We purchased a slow feed bowl for our new puppy, plastic with divider in it from Petco. She has trouble eating from it, has trouble getting her face in to the food. I need something to slow her down. I feed her 1/12 cups twice a day, per the bag instructions. She is 16 lbs and 3 mos old. She is highly motivated by food and sometimes even throws up after and it’s obvious she didn’t chew her food.
    Do all English Bull Dogs eat like this? What can I do? Should I keep her on the slow feed bowl?

Lurker
    Mine did too.. might sound gross, but, what I do is take the cup of food and spread it out over the kitchen floor, so, she has to hunt it out.. lol.. much better.. seems to be a bulldog thing my new one is a gobbler and he barfed up everything yesterday.. I now give him half and then half a bit later.. hows yours doing now.. geri

Lurker
    Hello Everyone
    my little buddy is also eating so fast without chewing...
    and I think bcoz of that, he poos a little bit more that he suppose to be
    Do you think it is true?

Noobie
    Just brought our bully home yesterday and last night she devoured her food so fast, she was choking on it! This morning I just put a little at a time in her dish and that seemed to do the trick. II will look at the slow-feed bowls but yes, I suspect they might not work well for short nosed breeds.