Welcome to The English Bulldog

Your forum for everything English Bulldog related.

•  » You have a question about your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to show off pictures of your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to chat with other friendly Bulldog Owners?
  •  » You are looking for info on the English Bulldog?

...then you have come to the right place!

We welcome you to our friendly community. Click the link below to start chatting.

YES! I want to register an account for free!

p.s.: Registered members will not see this ad.

Lurker

Accidents Happening Much More Frequently in the Apartment

Hello,

I've been a longtime fan on Facebook but this is my first time posting.

Earlier in May I left for nearly three weeks for the study abroad portion of my MBA program. A week and a half in, my boyfriend who I live with and raise our 2 year old bully Norman with, joined me. His sister (home from college) stayed in our apartment for approximately two weeks to take care of Norm. She has previously taken care of Norm at our place, but never for this length of time. Unfortunately, we did not share our feeding/bathroom schedule for Norm with his sister. Norm typically went to the bathroom in the morning (6:30-7:30 am) and afternoon after he has had his dinner (6:30 - 8:00 pm). He never had any accidents inside while on this schedule. We believe that his sister altered his schedule to three-five times a day for the two weeks she was here, starting much later in the morning (probably 11:00 am- 12:00 pm) and ending extremely late at night or early depending on how you look at it (2:00 am - 3:00 am).

We have been back in the US since May 24 and are trying to get Norm back on his previous schedule with little luck. He has been having accidents frequently, mostly in the late/earlier hours of the night 3:00 a.m. +. At first it was just pee (funny enough he was peeing in the bathroom at least) but now he is also pooping in the apartment as of tonight (he only has done this a handful of times during his bathroom training nearly 1.5 years ago). I would say this has happened 6 times at night/morning since we have been home. What tips/methods do you have on getting him back to his previous schedule? I would greatly appreciate any advice or help you can offer! I feel as though it has progressively gotten worse with two accidents in a row the past two nights. Again, thanks for your help!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Custom Pet Portraits

Lurker
    You might have to alter his feeding/water schedule. I had an similar issue with my bully and I had to limit the water after a certain time otherwise she would get up at 3-4am. And surprisingly enough I fed her later and by the time she woke up was when she was ready to poop. You may have to experiment to see what works for your bully though.