Welcome to The English Bulldog

Your forum for everything English Bulldog related.

•  » You have a question about your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to show off pictures of your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to chat with other friendly Bulldog Owners?
  •  » You are looking for info on the English Bulldog?

...then you have come to the right place!

We welcome you to our friendly community. Click the link below to start chatting.

YES! I want to register an account for free!

p.s.: Registered members will not see this ad.

question on bulldog aggresion towards other dogs.

Our bulldog is 9 months and acts aggressive toward other dogs. He is loves people but doesn't like dogs too much.. We take him out and he starts barking real bad at other dogs. Is there a solution to this? Is anyone else experiencing this problem with their bulldog? :/

2. # ADS
    Ads

Custom Pet Portraits

I don't have that problem with my bully......my daughter bought her brother so they see each other everyday. I also have a shitzu who is 8 1/2 years old....she does not like other animals period! It took her about a month or more too warm up to Gracie.

Lurker
    My Bulldog is 10 years old now. She is aggressive towards people and animals. We have had her from 8 weeks old and she has never been abused or even spanked. The Dog Whisperer told us she is spoiled and that it is my fault that she behaves badly. Don't get me wrong, I cuddle with her and she is very affectionate but there are times when I can tell by her body language that she is looking for a fight so I steer clear. We have tried everything to correct her aggression, including The Dog Whisperer. We have made some progress but from what I have learned, Bulldogs are very stubborn. Probably the most stubborn breed on the planet! They were bred to be fighting dogs. Although they are now domesticated, they still have that gene. They are very smart and usually react to however you are feeling. So, if you are stressing out when another dog is approaching, chances are, your dog will react to that.

Lurker
    my bully was very friendly up until she was about 2, we used to go to the dog park all the time, but she has a temper. she's wasn't mean or aggressive, but she would let the other dogs know if she didn't want to be bothered... but she got bite by a pitbull and literally ever since then she's been very snappy with other dogs. we don't go to the dog park anymore because i don't want to be responsible if she bites or provokes any other dogs. however she is wonderful with people especially kids and that hasn't changed. i'm very sad that she doesn't play with other dogs, but i don't blame her lol.

Lurker
    Like you, I am sad Buster can't play with other dogs either. Unlike you, my dog doesn't like people, especially kids lol!