Welcome to The English Bulldog

Your forum for everything English Bulldog related.

•  » You have a question about your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to show off pictures of your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to chat with other friendly Bulldog Owners?
  •  » You are looking for info on the English Bulldog?

...then you have come to the right place!

We welcome you to our friendly community. Click the link below to start chatting.

YES! I want to register an account for free!

p.s.: Registered members will not see this ad.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wendykerr
  • 1 Post By Cooper11

Thread: Pottying on the bed!!! HELP!

Lurker

Exclamation Pottying on the bed!!! HELP!

I am new to the forum. I'm hoping that someone has some helpful tips. Anyways, I have a 1 year old English Bulldog named Remmi. She is a sweetheart, but she has this terrible habit of peeing on my bed! I closed of 50 percent of my apartment so that she couldn't get to the bedroom. Her other potty issues had cleared up, no messes in the house, no accidents in the middle of the night, until recently. She has had several accidents in the house and now she has begun pottying on the bed again. Only now, I will have the door open for a matter of minutes just to grab work clothes, something out to the closet, etc. and within that small period of time she will jump up on the bed and pee. This happens regardless of if she just went outside or not. She can even just have been out, peed outside, then still comes back in to pee again on the bed! I'm about to go mad! Anyone have any suggestions, explainations, anything would help!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Custom Pet Portraits

tEB
    I've heard that some Bulldogs will do that when they are mad at you. Perhaps she is mad that you won't let her on the bed or locked her out of the bedroom? Hopefully, someone else can chime in with another reasonable explanation.

Lurker
    Yeah from the research I have done it seems it's most likely that she is mad at me or that she is stressed. She is allowed on the bed, she sleeps on the bed! We just can't leave her in there unsupervised because then she will pee. I have noticed however that a lot of the times she has peed it's been after she has been scolded for doing someting wrong. :/ I sure hope she out grows this issue.

Noobie
    It might also be a territorial issue. Letting you know that’s her space, or claiming it? Good luck!
    !

Lurker
    I had this problem. My 11 month old would do it when I first changed the bed and if my boyfriend's dog was on the bed first. Like a territorial thing I guess you can call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiannon View Post
    I am new to the forum. I'm hoping that someone has some helpful tips. Anyways, I have a 1 year old English Bulldog named Remmi. She is a sweetheart, but she has this terrible habit of peeing on my bed! I closed of 50 percent of my apartment so that she couldn't get to the bedroom. Her other potty issues had cleared up, no messes in the house, no accidents in the middle of the night, until recently. She has had several accidents in the house and now she has begun pottying on the bed again. Only now, I will have the door open for a matter of minutes just to grab work clothes, something out to the closet, etc. and within that small period of time she will jump up on the bed and pee. This happens regardless of if she just went outside or not. She can even just have been out, peed outside, then still comes back in to pee again on the bed! I'm about to go mad! Anyone have any suggestions, explainations, anything would help!
    I think it is more a dominance thing and her marking her territory. Does she tend to more pee on a pillow or blanket??? Some bullies just like peeing on those objects. Both mine and my moms bully would pee on a pillow or blanket if they were in sight. They did grow out of it though! I would suggest keeping her off the bed if nothing else is helping. She will more than likely grow out of it or else if she doesn't she will realize no more getting up on the bed. Gracie would get on the couch and if there was a blanket she would go right over and pee on it. Cooper would do the same. neither of them does this anymore but i am still cautious when there is something on the ground.

For instance my kids have these disney small toddler couch things and My daughter was having a fir cause she wanted us to go get hers and we said no se can go get it. After 20 minutes of crying she went down and got it from downstairs. She brought it up set it down and went to go get a blanket, I was watching Cooper and he went right over to it and got on it and yep peed. My hubby n I died laughing cause my daughter came back and and starting blowing a fit crying again cuz he peed on it. My sons was by hers and 2 minutes later he went and peed on his too~! I know how you feel! it is frustrating. Just make sure you give her a stern "NO that was naughty" and hopefully it is just a faze!!! These bullies are stubborn though :)
    Gracie11 likes this.

Good luck....I hope it was just a phase!