Welcome to The English Bulldog

Your forum for everything English Bulldog related.

•  » You have a question about your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to show off pictures of your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to chat with other friendly Bulldog Owners?
  •  » You are looking for info on the English Bulldog?

...then you have come to the right place!

We welcome you to our friendly community. Click the link below to start chatting.

YES! I want to register an account for free!

p.s.: Registered members will not see this ad.

Need help/advice!

I rescued my Bully Bear a week ago from a great rescue. I have two dachshunds in which we had to do a meet and greet with Bully before I could bring him home. All went amazingly well but up until a couple days ago Bully wants to go after on older dachshund and cat. I don't know what has sparked this change in him maybe he is comfortable with being here and his true colors are showing. He doesn't bother my other dachshund and won't bother the older on if he is sleeping, it's just when he is awake and moving around. I have contacted the rescue and they are more then understanding of the situation and will take him back. I would love to try and work this out of him as he is the greatest dog ever. If anyone has any advise it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Custom Pet Portraits

Lurker
    Howdy,

First what is bully bears background? Did the rescue group do any testing to find out if he got along with dog/cats etc. I can tell you from experience that EBs may not always get along with other dogs. My bullyboy is one of them. When I described his behavior as a pup to a do trainer/behaviorist she told me the signs were there. I would take him to the dog park and he would go introduce himself to every person in the park but would ignore the dogs. I found a great trainer and she has been working with him. I still don't trust him with other dogs but we are working on it. It's something I could not fix on my own. I'm not sure the info on bullybears past but I would look at that and then find a good trainer to discuss. Hope this helps.