Welcome to The English Bulldog

Your forum for everything English Bulldog related.

•  » You have a question about your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to show off pictures of your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to chat with other friendly Bulldog Owners?
  •  » You are looking for info on the English Bulldog?

...then you have come to the right place!

We welcome you to our friendly community. Click the link below to start chatting.

YES! I want to register an account for free!

p.s.: Registered members will not see this ad.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tEB
  • 1 Post By mic29

Thread: How many english bulldogs do you own?

tEB

How many english bulldogs do you own?

Since starting the site and seeing all of the cute bulldogs, it has been making us want another Bulldog companion for Dee. It seems that a lot of Bulldog owners have more than one. How do you cope with the high medical costs? The last thing we would want is to adopt/purchase a new bullie and then be forced with having to let them go or finding them a new home due to an unseen medical condition that we cannot afford to treat. We do have pet insurance for Dee, but like most insurances it doesn't pay for everything.
    Drama likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Custom Pet Portraits

I only own one, or maybe I should say I am owned by only one English Bulldog. I would love to get another one, but seeing we are into this one about a collage education (3 knee surgeries, nose job, uti's and a liver shunt) getting another will cost me at least 1 or 2 more husbands. We never did get the insurance ( bad move). But she is the love of my life and I would have spent every penny I had for her. She is now a very heathy 2 year old (small at 35.5 lbs). Runs, jumps, plays and sleeps just like the big dogs.
    Drama likes this.

Lurker hobbsrobinrtr@hotmail.com's Avatar
    I have a total of 3 bullies. Two are with me and one is with my daughter who we see all the time. My Abigail and her Linus are full brother and sister. I let our female who is no longer with us :( have one litter of puppies and we kept two. And then Bubba we got because he was on his way to the dog shelter and I couldn't have that.

Lurker
    I own 3 bullies, luckily the female NEVER has anything wrong with her..perfectly healthy all of the time. One of my boys only gets minor ear infections which we treat with ear cleaner and ear drops. The other boy which we call "old man" and say he should have his own medicine cabinet has almost every bully medical problem. He is 1 1/2 yrs old and he's already had surgery to get his soft palate shaved down, his ear infection never seems to go away completely, the medication just maintains it, open sores under his paws which we use vagisil on, and eye buggers every morning. He is at the vet at least once or twice a month. He is definitely a handful but he's worth it. His personality is amazing and you will never have a dull moment around him :)

I am owned by one bulldog but hopefully one day soon he will get a brother or sister.

Lurker
    We've got 2 that master our house. They're awesome!

Lurker
    We have three bullies! The big boy was our first then our smaller female. I didn't want her to breed since lineage was so close to our boy. Our 3d is now just over 1 and will breed. We have only had normal vet visits. Mostly vaccinations and regular check ups. 85, 65 and 52 pounders. All solid bulldogs.

We have 5 healthy beautiful bullies. Find a breeder with healthy bullies before purchasing babies :) Moms are just as important as dads. I noticed to many breeders only focus on dad

I personally have 5 right now, fortunately my vet lets me pay off my bills, but I really dont have any bills per say my dogs are pretty healthy usually only C-sections needed

I only have one.......but would love too rescue one.....my hubby said no to this one.....I won't push my luck for a while!