Welcome to The English Bulldog

Your forum for everything English Bulldog related.

•  » You have a question about your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to show off pictures of your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to chat with other friendly Bulldog Owners?
  •  » You are looking for info on the English Bulldog?

...then you have come to the right place!

We welcome you to our friendly community. Click the link below to start chatting.

YES! I want to register an account for free!

p.s.: Registered members will not see this ad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tEB

Question Does your Bulldog like to sunbathe?

Almost on routine, Dee will head to the window at around 1:30 when the sun finally start to show itself and will just lounge out and take a sunbath nap for a few hours. Should we be concerned with overexposure to the sun? We don't notice any sunburns on her jowls.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Custom Pet Portraits

Like is not a strong enough word for Abigails love of the sun, she will move from room to room with the sun. She will also do this outside. I have read that overheating is more of the problem with sun and heat. She has never had that problem. She will lay out on the deck in the 90 degree heat and i have to make her go in the house or her kiddy pool (she loves the pool). No sunburn on her jowls either. I have heard that they do make sunscreen for dogs.

Lurker
    Dozer loves the sun. Pretty much every morning after I feed him and put him out to use the restroom he'll go and sit against the side of the house facing the morning sun and just bask in it.

Lurker hobbsrobinrtr@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Yes my bulls love the sun. We built a special bench just for them to be able to get up to the window and soak in the sun. They love it!

our bully loves to sunbathe. she has a bed right by the sliding glass doors so she can bask all day if she wants to. she also likes to lay on the deck or out next to the tree in the yard. our last bulldog was the same way.

Our bulldog Meaty also has a routine every day. In the afternoon he will drag his blankie to the sliding glass door and lay on it and sun himself.

Lurker

Sunbathing Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by tEB View Post
    Almost on routine, Dee will head to the window at around 1:30 when the sun finally start to show itself and will just lounge out and take a sunbath nap for a few hours. Should we be concerned with overexposure to the sun? We don't notice any sunburns on her jowls.
    I spray children's sunblock on my bulldogs because they have white fur, and their heads definitely burn. They have never had any reactions or irritations from it and it works really well. I get the continuous spray and reapply as needed :)

Lurker
    My bully will lay outside for hours when the sun rears its head. I have recently bought him one of those baby pools which I fill up with cool water. He will lay in that pool for hours, until it's time for lunch of course lol.

All of our bullies love to sunbathe. They lay in the window light or outside on the patio. But our vet warns they will lay out there when its to hot and not come in. So for their safety I limit there outside time when its above 80 :) Never had a sunburn.

Lurker
    Our Bullies Charley and Lucy LOVE to sun bathe! They do it every morning after breakfast and again mid day when the sun starts to come into our living room.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast