Welcome to The English Bulldog

Your forum for everything English Bulldog related.

•  » You have a question about your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to show off pictures of your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to chat with other friendly Bulldog Owners?
  •  » You are looking for info on the English Bulldog?

...then you have come to the right place!

We welcome you to our friendly community. Click the link below to start chatting.

YES! I want to register an account for free!

p.s.: Registered members will not see this ad.

View Poll Results: Does your bulldog sleep on the bed?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Occasionally

21 25.00%
  • All the time

44 52.38%
  • Never

19 22.62%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Do you let your Bulldog sleep on the bed with you?

tEB

Do you let your Bulldog sleep on the bed with you?

At first we had Dee trained to sleep in her crate. After a while, her puppy dog eyes were just too much and she has been sleeping on the bed with us for the past 2 years. She is somewhat of a bed hog. She will cuddle with your leg/hip area and if you make the mistake of moving close to the edge of the bed, she will slowly nuzzle her way over. This essentially leads to waking up in the morning trapped on the edge of the bed with no room to roll over.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Custom Pet Portraits

Not only does Abigail, sleep with us and take up the whole king size bed, She is afraid of the stairs so i have to carry all 35 lbs of her up a flight of stairs so she can do it!

Lurker Janice Chruszczyk Kasper's Avatar

Whose bed is this?

Haha, my bulldogs own the bed.....they do circle me, one on the left, one on the right, and the other at the foot of the bed. Needless to say when they snore at once everyone is awake!

Lurker
    Yes, my Izzy sleeps with us and she has steps so she can get up on the bed. She also has to sleep under the covers with her head on my pillow. How can you not allow them to sleep with you? So darn adorable.

Lurker
    This is soooo true....our Bulldog Jesse is allowed to sleep at the foot of the bed, but believe me, if she can wiggle her way in-between me & my husband, she will...and she gradually will push you to the edge of the bed, if, God forbide, you roll over, you will be on the floor.

Lurker

co-sleeping

All though I would love for my 3 bullies to sleep on the bed with me it's just not possible!! My husband and I have a king size bed and he already migrates to my side of the bed and leaves me only about 3 feet from the edge to sleep with lol..trying to throw 3 bullies in that mix would never happen. I love my sleep and hate being confined to one area so it just wont work. We sometimes let our female take naps during the day on the bed with her own blanket. I tried to say no and get her to stop but then she runs in the closet and has that sad puppy dog look on her face. My husband had her before we met and she would sleep with him every night so i'm not going to stop her from being on the bed completely. However, my 2 boys which i had before my husband and I met have never slept on the bed with us. Since the first day they were ready to be taken from their mother and into my arms I told myself no sleeping on the bed, and they have not. They have their own comfy bed right next to ours which they enjoy very much, they have their own pillow mattress, pillows, and blankets. I think it's best that way. We do clean our dogs almost everyday but thats just not enough for me when seeing them rubbing their areas on our pillows and blankets. The female is able to jump on the bed the boys can not, so that makes it easier for us to control them from being up there. N0 steps...no dogs (that can't jump that high) on the bed!

Lurker hobbsrobinrtr@hotmail.com's Avatar

Bully Bed

My "Sweet Pickle" aka Abigail sleeps with me every night! If she isn't in my bed I can't sleep.
    Michelle likes this.

Bogie only gets to sleep with us when we go out of town with her. She is pretty good with it but tends to wander around the bed halfway thru the night. I like to sleep with her because she is a good snuggler and keeps me nice and warm! But when we are home she loves her crate and can't jump up on the bed because it is pretty tall.

Lurker
    Miller also thinks he owns our bed. He would like to think all 6 pillows on the bed are his as he walk all over me to get to the top of the bed to lay on one. After his initial "pillow time" he then heads down to the end of the bed for the night. But God forbid if I move him slightly over when he is sleeping he becomes Mr. Nasty cranky pants with the how dare you move me look!

Supporting Vendor
    I love this thread and all your stories haha I can't imagine having more than one share the bed with us. We have a cal-king and its not enough room!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast