Welcome to The English Bulldog

Your forum for everything English Bulldog related.

•  » You have a question about your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to show off pictures of your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to chat with other friendly Bulldog Owners?
  •  » You are looking for info on the English Bulldog?

...then you have come to the right place!

We welcome you to our friendly community. Click the link below to start chatting.

YES! I want to register an account for free!

p.s.: Registered members will not see this ad.

Lurker

Thanks for starting a great group!

My name is Elizabeth. My husband, Alan, and I rescued an english bulldog a few years ago. A co-worker of mine had overheard me talking about how badly my husband wanted an english bulldog. A little time after that she approached me and asked if hubby still wanted one. She told me her husband knew a woman from work who had one but they couldn't keep him because he growled at the 13 month old baby. I agreed to go check it out and after getting the contact info, off we went to take a look at this boy and see if he wanted us. I have to say here and now that even if I had disliked the dog I would have taken him out of there. His crate was so small that he had to enter at an angle and back out the same way. I could count the vertibre in his back and his ribs. Even still, he was an excited and happy boy to see us. He immediately connected with my husband and we agreed to take him home. He was given to us as free to good home but to this day I think we rescued him as much as he rescued my husband, lol. We took him to our vet who gave him a clean bill of health except for one slight issue. He had to have one of his (ahem) removed from the inside of his leg, so we went ahead and had him fixed. We have no intention of breeding so it was fine by us. That's been a few years ago and he is firmly planted in our family.
    The most recent addition to our family was Victoria. Something about her just would not let us let her go. The second time we saw her there was just no question and she became part of our family. She has since adopted me as hers, lol. We love our babies very much and no matter how old they get they will always be the babies!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Custom Pet Portraits

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Sell View Post
    My name is Elizabeth. My husband, Alan, and I rescued an english bulldog a few years ago. A co-worker of mine had overheard me talking about how badly my husband wanted an english bulldog. A little time after that she approached me and asked if hubby still wanted one. She told me her husband knew a woman from work who had one but they couldn't keep him because he growled at the 13 month old baby. I agreed to go check it out and after getting the contact info, off we went to take a look at this boy and see if he wanted us. I have to say here and now that even if I had disliked the dog I would have taken him out of there. His crate was so small that he had to enter at an angle and back out the same way. I could count the vertibre in his back and his ribs. Even still, he was an excited and happy boy to see us. He immediately connected with my husband and we agreed to take him home. He was given to us as free to good home but to this day I think we rescued him as much as he rescued my husband, lol. We took him to our vet who gave him a clean bill of health except for one slight issue. He had to have one of his (ahem) removed from the inside of his leg, so we went ahead and had him fixed. We have no intention of breeding so it was fine by us. That's been a few years ago and he is firmly planted in our family.
    The most recent addition to our family was Victoria. Something about her just would not let us let her go. The second time we saw her there was just no question and she became part of our family. She has since adopted me as hers, lol. We love our babies very much and no matter how old they get they will always be the babies!

Hi Elizabeth! I'm new here, but loved reading your story! Post some pix please

Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie11 View Post

Hi Elizabeth! I'm new here, but loved reading your story! Post some pix please
    Hi Gracie. I posted some in the galleries, but I don't know how to get to them. How do I post pics in thread?