Welcome to The English Bulldog

Your forum for everything English Bulldog related.

•  » You have a question about your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to show off pictures of your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to chat with other friendly Bulldog Owners?
  •  » You are looking for info on the English Bulldog?

...then you have come to the right place!

We welcome you to our friendly community. Click the link below to start chatting.

YES! I want to register an account for free!

p.s.: Registered members will not see this ad.

Thread: New Here

Lurker

New Here

Hi, I am new to this site and I have 2 English Bulldogs. My 11 month old is Hank and my 2 month old is Ted. Ted is still with his breeder mom and I will be picking him up on the 25th...I cant wait. Currently I have been having some trouble with Hank's skin. The problem is face acne. I changed to metal bowls and I have recently changed him to a grain-free food. Some days Hank's face looks better and sometimes it looks a mess. Recently Hank has started licking his feet...constantly! I am feeding him Natural Balance Chicken and Sweet Potato...I am not sure what to do. I am considering a food change. Anyone else have pimple problems??

2. # ADS
    Ads

Custom Pet Portraits

Quote Originally Posted by Tobs31 View Post
    Hi, I am new to this site and I have 2 English Bulldogs. My 11 month old is Hank and my 2 month old is Ted. Ted is still with his breeder mom and I will be picking him up on the 25th...I cant wait. Currently I have been having some trouble with Hank's skin. The problem is face acne. I changed to metal bowls and I have recently changed him to a grain-free food. Some days Hank's face looks better and sometimes it looks a mess. Recently Hank has started licking his feet...constantly! I am feeding him Natural Balance Chicken and Sweet Potato...I am not sure what to do. I am considering a food change. Anyone else have pimple problems??

I wold suggest an allergy test for Hank....It is best to wait until they are a year and he is pretty close. My Cooper is 9 months and has bad allergies so I had to do the test a month ago and found out he is allergic to almost everything outside and I am now giving him Zrytec daily. He also had food allergies to chicken, duck, grain, sweet potato, and a few others......I would suggest From Food for you I had him on it and it was the best he had ever looked. I switched because he was allergic to some of the ingredients in it but never had an allergic reaction to it. I am now wanting to switch back cause the food he is on now he is now doing good on. I live in Iowa and the allergies are so bad here. He is not looking the best....red face, watery eyes, and so on. But environmental allergies are hard to control! But Hank licking his feet is a sign of allergies! :) Make sure you are also washing his bowl daily. Also may want to try Animax (you get from vet) for his face and some acne meds that are over the counter may help too! :) Animax does wonders though!

No pimple problems here....I hope you get things figured out