Welcome to The English Bulldog

Your forum for everything English Bulldog related.

•  » You have a question about your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to show off pictures of your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to chat with other friendly Bulldog Owners?
  •  » You are looking for info on the English Bulldog?

...then you have come to the right place!

We welcome you to our friendly community. Click the link below to start chatting.

YES! I want to register an account for free!

p.s.: Registered members will not see this ad.

New bully mom to Raspuschia-need advice about tail pockets

Hi! I am a new bully owner to the lovely Raspuschia and she is an absolute JOY! She was given to me by a military family who couldn't take her with them to Hawaii. She will be 5 in Feb 2015. I have 2 great danes & an Italian Greyhound (all rescues) and live on a farm so she's happy with all her new friends & room. Raspuschia is such a joy! The one thing I've encountered, that I was not aware of, is her tail pocket. That she owns one. My first thought when I googled care of a bulldog was 'what the heck? does she hid treats and valuables in it (*giggle*)?' I'm good with expressing her anal glands as needed, her previous owners told me about that. However, any advice on care of a tail pocket? I've had her since May of this year and do not know any bully owners. Any advice would greatly be appreciated! Thanks so much!!!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Custom Pet Portraits

well usually just needs a good swipe of a baby wipe maybe once or twice a week unless there is an issue such as yeast then you would need some thing like duoxo pads or even hibiclenz from the drug store. i have also used betadine generic sol and a & d ointment. mostly just maintenance is needed. make sure to get in there as they can be deep sometimes. @itsjustmie
    Last edited by Sarah; 10-10-2014 at 10:59 PM.

Sarah,
    Thanks so much for the advice! She see the vet tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by itsjustmie View Post
    Sarah,
    Thanks so much for the advice! She see the vet tomorrow.
    well if its yeast and it will hurt and be itchy and you dont have anything from the vet then hibiclenz is a soap that is great for this. i also recommend getting some duoxo pads or spray and shampoo. bullies can have so many skin issues that these are really great for it just to have on hand. can be ordered from amazon or anywhere. i know you went to the vet and have gotten something but just down the line so you dont have to go to the vet. im sure they will be fine soon :)

What kind of tail does she have? Screw tail or stub or inverted (almost looks like it is gone back in) anyways where the tail attaches to her body it is right there where the tip of the tail begins from the body. It is almost like a little pocket and hairs, moisture, yeast, gets in there. All you need to do is find the opening and just take a baby whipe that is odorless or use a stridex pad from the out. Be gentle in case it hurts but just clean all the way around it . You don't want to keep it wet if you should wash it just make sure you also dry it the best you can because moisture leads to yeast issues in the tail pocket. I can always tell on boo because she will have a few hairs that are sticking out. You could probably go look up a video on you tube that will be able to show you exactly where it is. Good luck
    Last edited by boos mom; 11-04-2014 at 02:08 PM.