Welcome to The English Bulldog

Your forum for everything English Bulldog related.

•  » You have a question about your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to show off pictures of your Bulldog?
  •  » You want to chat with other friendly Bulldog Owners?
  •  » You are looking for info on the English Bulldog?

...then you have come to the right place!

We welcome you to our friendly community. Click the link below to start chatting.

YES! I want to register an account for free!

p.s.: Registered members will not see this ad.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CPogon

Thread: I'm a new Bulldog owner!

Post I'm a new Bulldog owner!

Hey there, my name's Christine. :)
    I'm new here and new to Bulldogs. My husband has wanted one for YEARS (before we were married even, 10 years ago). I think he thought it'd never happen, we'd never get one. I wasn't too excited about it, after all, why not a big dog like a Great Dane?!
    Anyway, we got a phone call a few weeks ago from a co-worker of my husband's, regarding an 11-week-old female that they wanted to give away. And all because they didn't think they could sell her with her Cherry eye.
    That was one of the best things to ever happen to us!
    I am probably more attatched to her than my husband is. Our four young kids love her to bits (except when she bites, and MAN does she bite hard!), and she just fits right in with our family. Her Cherry eye has all but completely disappeared (the breeders were amazing and paid for her surgery before giving her to us) and she is perfectly healthy!

I found this group on Facebook and figured that since we've never had a Bulldog, let alone ANY dog before, this would be a great place to come when questions arose (i.e., how do I get her to stop biting?!).

I hope to get to know you some of you!

Christine

2. # ADS
    Ads

Custom Pet Portraits

Congrats on the new bundle of fun...my baby is almost 4 yrs old and only play bites when are wrestling or playing. As a puppy they don't know there own strength but I used a bitter spray on things she wasn't to bite or chew on...lol even spraying my hands before play. I did find having a toy handy to put in her mouth did help til she passed the biting phase. When she accidentally bit to hard a loud Ouch and sad tone from us help her too. They are very smart dogs and fun but quite stubborn so be patient.